Wednesday 25 January 2017

Honeymoon Suite by Wendy Holden

When Nell is marooned at the altar, her feisty best friend Rachel says she'll come with her on honeymoon instead. Why waste a week in a posh country hotel?
So the duo, plus Rachel's Agatha Christie-obsessed small daughter Juno, head for the hills and idyllic Edenville, on the edge of the beautiful Pemberton estate. Awaiting them is a cast of colourful characters from Jason the harassed hotel manager to the ruthless Angela, Director of HR. Not to mention the handsome Dylan, a bestselling writer on the run from his past.
Nell doesn't want to go back to London, so when a job on the estate comes up, she's happy to stay. Even if it is arranging weddings in the Big House! As she becomes entangled in the lives of the locals - and they weave their way into her heart - she realises there might be a way to reach the rainbow's end after all.



I had never come across author Wendy Holden before but the cover for Honeymoon Suite was one that stood out to me and after reading the synopsis I was looking forward to starting this book to see what the author has in store for the Jilted bride Nell.

When Nell is jilted at the altar and her life seemed to have hit an all time low, her new friend Rachel convinced her to go ahead and enjoy her honeymoon with Rachel and her daughter Juno on toe!
Little did Nell know that Edenville would change her life completely when an opportunity arises that she couldn't refuse but will the arrival of a familiar man who she never wanted to lay eyes on again put a spanner in the works?

This was such a joy to read, the author has created such a humble character in Nell and fro. Start to finish I really wanted to see her find her happy ever after. Her friend Rachel was such a natural and supportive character who along with her quirky daughter brought a light witty feel to the storyline. Our male interest author Dylan Eliot was a character who I didn't warm to initially but as the book progressed he gradually grew on me! As I have come to love with books set in cosy little towns we are introduced to many characters from the community and they all played a great part in this book bringing scandal, love, gossip and memoirs.

The book is split into three parts, part one takes us back to when Nell and Dylan first met, we then jump forward to part 2 which is the biggest part of the storyline which starts with Nell on her honeymoon and I loved Part 2 it held my attention the whole way through. In part 3 things take a turn ( I don't want to say anymore than that as I don't want to give anything away) and although I enjoyed part 3 I did feel it was a little rushed.

I thought this was a perfect romantic and cosy read that had a splash of scandal and dramatics, I am thrilled to have found another author whose writing style can just scoop you up and lose you in her storytelling I can't wait to try another of Wendy Holden's books to see how they compare.




Kindle                       Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS