Thursday 19 May 2016

The One we Fell in Love With by Paige Toon


Phoebe is caught between a rock and a hard place. Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion? 

Eliza is in love with someone who is no longer hers. In fact, he probably never was… And her dream of becoming a successful musician seems to be vanishing before her eyes. 

Rose is out of a job and out of a boyfriend. To make matters worse, she’s been forced to move back in with her mother… 

But these very different girls have one thing in common. Angus. The one they fell in love with…




The One We Fell in Love With is Paige Toon’s 10th book and I have read and absolutely loved every single one of her books, if ever I am in a book slump she is my go to author whose books I can always rely on and this latest book pulled me up out of my slump and had me so engrossed and before I knew it, it was 3am and I had finished it in one swoop!

Identical triplets Phoebe, Rose and Eliza not only look the same but they have the same taste in men especially when the hot new neighbour Angus moves in next door and captures all the girls attention. But there is only one Angus and Phoebe is determined to make her claim, surely it won’t take long for Rose and Eliza to get over their crush once they know he is off limits.

This has been a difficult review to write as I want to be so careful and not let anything spoil your enjoyment of this book but there is something about this storyline that is different from Paige Toon’s previous books and I think this is what has given this book a slight edge and has now knocked my two favourites, Pictures of Lily and One Perfect Summer off of the top spot.

This is the first book that I have read which features triplets which was great to read something fresh and original. Each of the girls were so well developed and at no point did I mix any of them up as although they were identical their personalities were completely different and I loved all three of them although I had more of a soft spot for Eliza. We get a great insight of what it is like to be an identical sibling and especially one of three when there is a fight for attention and not to be the one left out but also trying to find something to give their own identity to set them apart from their sister.


I found this book a great uplifting read with comical parts too which I have come to love with this authors books. The storyline was unpredictable too which I think was another reason why I couldn’t put the book down as I just needed to uncover what happened next. We do have the heart strings pulled too so we do go on a rollercoaster of emotions. Paige Toon fans are going to love this book and anyone who has yet to dive into the world of Paige Toon’s books will quickly become a number one fan after reading this book.


Paperback               kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS