Wednesday 29 April 2015

The Love Shack by Jane Costello


Dan and Gemma have found their dream first home, but the asking price is the stuff of nightmares. The only way they'll ever save enough for the deposit is by moving in, rent-free, with Dan's mum. It's a desperate solution, but it's only for six months. And Gemma's determined to make it work, no matter how bad things get. 

But between Dan's mum's kitchen karaoke, her constant innuendos, irrepressible argumentative streak and - worst of all - her ham and pineapple curries, life back at home would test the patience of two saints. Which Dan and Gemma most definitely are not. Then, as they're trying to convince themselves it will all be worth it, Gemma's past comes back to haunt her.

And suddenly the foundations of their entire relationship are shaken to their core…


I have yet to read a book this year that has really made me laugh so I treated myself to The Love Shack by Jane Costello as I can always rely on this author to get a smirk on my face. The cover is a complete new look compared to her previous books and I much prefer it, it is bold, bright and fun and really stands out so it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Dan and Gemma have found the house of their dreams but they need to raise more money and their only option is moving back in with Dan’s mum. Will their relationship survive the stress of buying a house on top of the troubles of living with Dan’s mum or will Gemma be tempted by her past?
I could really relate to parts of this book because my husband and I are currently in the process of moving back in with my parents, I just hope that we don’t have to endure half of the problems Dan and Gemma faced!

The storyline was realistic with wonderful relatable characters, Gemma and Dan were a delightful couple but it was Dan’s mum Belinda who won me over she provided a lot of the humour in this book, her innuendos when it came to sex had me in stitches! This is the first book in a long time that has really made me laugh. Jane Costello manages to write with such witty humour that flows so well it really seems to come naturally and fits in perfectly with the storyline.

I never knew all the way through the book if the couple would ever manage to get their dream house or not but I was really hoping they would because they were so good together and they really tried so hard to do everything in their power to make the house theirs they were desperate to get their dream home.


This was a fantastic, witty read and this is definitely my favourite by Jane Costello.


Paperback               Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review Rea this book is a must for my holiday as I love Jane Costellos humour.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS